Good DVD rip program

Mark Widdicombe markwiddicombe at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 04:40:08 UTC 2012

On 29 November 2012 06:35, MR <mrzenwiz at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been using K3B for a long time, but I recently have had serious
> concerns about it.  For one thing, I can play DVDs with VLC that K3B
> cannot copy, not because of any protection schemes (AFAICT), but
> because it hits an error and refuses to do whatever VLC does to get
> past it and gives up.
>
> Is there another good DVD rip program?

You could give Acidrip a whirl, but I have had a couple of DVDs in the
past that that could not, for some reason, handle.  When Acidrip
fails, I fall back on DVD::rip, which is more complicated, but not as
fussy as the former.  I think they both use memcoder behind the
scenes, although I could quite easily be wrong.