2 pane, swiss army knife file manager?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Nov 28 12:15:04 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 28 November 2012 07:06:40 Basil Chupin did opine:

> On 28/11/12 03:06, Gene Heskett wrote:

> >> This real-time thingie got me intrigued so I went looking and found
> >> the following - which, I guess, means that Gene is using the
> >> T-Kernel? :
> >>
> >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-Kernel
> >
> > No, in fact that is the first time I've heard of it.  And since it
> > obviously a per seat license, nope.
>
>  From the entry in Wikipedia:
>
> "T-Kernel is an open source[3] real-time operating system designed for
> 32-bit microcontrollers."
>
> BC

It has never been mentioned by any of our LinuxCNC developers, so I doubt
there would be any huge interest in changing the underlying os.  In looking
for a newer kernel to support once the LTS on 10.04.4 expires, the
experimental builds using the xenomai patches would appear to be the next
big thing for us.  But, if Paolo finds some time to work on rtai in newer
kernels, that will certainly be in the running.

Thanks Basil.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
There are only two things in this world that I am sure of, death and
taxes, and we just might do something about death one of these days.
		-- shades