Wifi unstable on xubuntu 12.10

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 14:53:18 UTC 2012

On 27 November 2012 14:44, Freddy Van Ingelgom <freddyek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply!
> The router is not rebooting. I have a second portable (Acer, Win7) on the
> same desk which stays connected. The computer continuously tries to
> reconnect but then I need to enter the key for the Wifi, which is not
> accepted. What I do is to disable wireless then, and after 10sec or so I
> enable wireless again, after which the connection comes up automatically.

Ok - sounds like we can rule the router itself out of the problem.

Lets focus on the laptop itself now.

Are you using Network Manager or the like to configure the wireless
connection on the PC or have you written your own network interfaces
config files? Could you post them please, in either case. Zap any
interesting stuff like your wireless access key and/or external IP
address

Could you also post a minute or two's worth of annotated syslog
clipped when the connection drops - if you could insert info like
"This is where I stopped automatic reconnect and diabled wireless by
hand" that would be most beneficial.

--
Steve