2 pane, swiss army knife file manager?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Nov 19 23:03:38 UTC 2012

On Monday 19 November 2012 17:52:19 Gene Heskett did opine:

> On Monday 19 November 2012 16:56:07 Felix Miata did opine:
> > On 2012-11-19 15:56 (GMT-0500) Gene Heskett composed:
> > > Felix Miata did opine:
> > >
> > > And that link is stuck in a a spawning loop that will force a reboot
> > > I believe.
> > >
> > > Booby traps, gotta love them. NOT!
> >
> > I opened it before sending. From that page:
> Sorry, it effectively took my system down, only contained by the OOM
> killer I assume.  My task bar at the bottom of the screen filled up
> with little launcher boxes that quickly shrank to about about 1/8" wide
> each, and htop didn't want to show me the tree of the guilty party so I
> could cut off its head.  Reboots take around 15 minutes here because of
> all the screen moves I have to do and utilities I have to restart to
> bring this system back to its normal level of automation.  I have
> started the microsd write and will not jeapordize that, as its a 2+
> hour write.

Found the problem, after that microsd write was finished I clicked on
another link in an email from a trusted source, then sat and watched htop,
where eventually I could see that kdeinit was making a valiant try to
launch 10,000 copy's of Konqueror.  Killed that session of kdeinit and
eventually they all went away, but I had to do it 3 times before it stayed
killed, kdeinit is part cat maybe?

Then I fired up synaptic and nuked anything konqueror related.

System happy now.  A pox on folks who think _their_ SW is the latest and
greatest and sets it up to intercept your defaults.  For folks like that,
I've got a 3 foot length of white ash 2x2, no padding anyplace.  And it is
a wee bit used...

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Jones' Second Law:
	The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone
	to blame it on.