why I can not use the 3.2 kernel

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 19 14:10:45 UTC 2012

On 19 November 2012 14:04, Chen Liang <slimhigh at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, I have fixed this problem. Just type this command:
>
> sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

It would be interesting to know what is the underlying cause and to
fix it properly so you don't have to remember to do that each time
there is a kernel update.  What do you get if you run
which update-grub

and what do you get for
cat /usr/sbin/update-grub
and if that is not the file that which update-grub shows then what do
you get if you cat that file?

Colin