don't show usernames

Wes James comptekki at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 22:30:59 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 3:34 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 11/08/2012 10:20 AM, Wes James wrote:
> > I have xubuntu 12.04 x32.  Is there a way to not show usernames on the
> > login screen.  I looked in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf, but that did having
> > anything and I looked up the options online, but don't see a way to just
> > have a login screen that shows an empty username and password (not a
> > dropdown list of users).
>
> $ gksu gedit /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
>
> add this line and save:
>
> greeter-hide-users=true

I just did this and it works great, unless you type in the username wrong.
 I typed in the username wrong and press enter and it asks for a password,
but then there seems to be no way to go back and fix the username.  I click
cancel, ESC, many different things and all I get is a password input.
 This is xubuntu 12.04.  There has to be a way back - what is it?

<snip>

Thanks,

wes