GScan2PDF Device Error

Udvarias Ur udvarias1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 18:14:13 UTC 2012

Dear Mr. Rotman,

I too am using GScan2PDF 0.9.32 except on Ubuntu 12.04.1 with a Brother
MFC-240C multifunction machine. When I first installed GScan2PDF 0.9.32,
I was using Ubuntu 11.10 and it worked just fine, at first. After
upgrading to Ubuntu 12.04.1 it ceased to work entirely. I downloaded all
the material (all the drivers (printer, scanner, FAX, and PCFAX as well
as the installation instructions) again. I read through the installation
instructions to ensured that each and very step had been followed and
executed.

I found that I had omitted adding a couple of lines to
        /lib/udev/rules.d/40-libsane.rules.

Now that I added those line all is well again. I don't know why
GScan2PDF worked on 11.10 without those lines, however, it doesn't
matter now does it.
On a slightly different note.

I don't understand why Canonical has not replaced GScan2PDF 0.9.32 with
GScan2PDF 1.0.0. GScan2PDF 1.0.0 uses version 3.01 of the Tesseract OCR
engine which supports 18 languages* and all their alphabets. Or even the
more recent GScan2PDF 1.0.6 which *may* use Tesseract 3.02 which
supports 64 languages# and all their alphabets.

* Hebrew, English, Hindi, Arabic, Thai, Slovakian, Cherokee, German,
Swedish, Quechua, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified),
Indonesian, Swedish, Romanian, Slovenian, Serbian, Tagalog.

# English, Ukrainian, Turkish, Thai, Tagalog, Telugu, Tamil, Swedish,
Swahili, Serbian (Latin), Albanian, Spanish (Old), Spanish, Slovenian,
Slovakian, Romanian, Portuguese, Polish, Norwegian, Dutch, Malay,
Maltese, Macedonian, Malayalam, Lithuanian, Latvian, Korean, Kannada,
Italian (Old), Italian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Cherokee, Hungarian,
Croatian, Hindi, Hebrew, Galician, Middle French (ca. 1400-1600),
Frankish, French, Finnish, Basque, Estonian, Math / equation, Esperanto,
Middle English (1100-1500), Greek, German, Danish, Czech, Catalan,
Bulgarian, Bengali, Belarusian, Azerbaijani, Arabic, Afrikaans,
Japanese, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Ancient Greek,
Russian, Vietnamese.

--
Udvarias Ur

This letter was generated and sent from Thunderbird 16.0.2 on Ubuntu Linux 12.04.1.

Cette lettre eté généré et envoyé à partir de Thunderbird 16.0.2 Sur Ubuntu Linux 12.04.1.