NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS/Pro and 12.10

Udvarias Ur udvarias1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 21:47:17 UTC 2012

Folks,

I've learned that Ubuntu has dropped 'Unity 2D' and Gnome is dropping
'Gnome Classic' from version 12.10.

I am currently using an older computer with an 'AGP' slot which contains
a 'NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS/Pro' graphics card with the 'Nouveau' driver on
Ubuntu 12.04.1.

Neither 'Unity' nor 'Gnome' (formerly 'Gnome 3') works with this set up.

My question than is, will'Unity' nor 'Gnome' work on the 'NVIDIA
GeForce2 GTS/Pro' graphics card with the nVidia driver on Ubuntu 12.10?

(I've determine that the driver contained in
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-71.86.15-pkg1.run is required for the 'NVIDIA GeForce2
GTS/Pro'.)

--
Udvarias Ur

This letter was generated and sent from Thunderbird 16.0.2 on Ubuntu Linux 12.04.1.

Cette lettre eté généré et envoyé à partir de Thunderbird 16.0.2 Sur Ubuntu Linux 12.04.1.