migration from Windows to Ubuntu: Thunderbird data, camera software, desktop (more)

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Sun Nov 4 06:59:37 UTC 2012

On 11/04/2012 12:09 AM, Avi Greenbury wrote:
> Doug wrote:
>> If you'd like something that looks more like Windows, try a KDE
>> GUI--PCLinuxOs is one option.  Mint looks something like Windows
>> also.

/snip/

Sorry, missed the part about camera software: for a web cam,
there's Kamoso. For downloading photos from a camera,
there are several options, but I find that GIMP gives a lot
of variables. There's Fotoxx Image Editor, and there's
GUVCView with some things to play with. And that's just for
starters!

--doug