how to control playback speed in kino?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 05:34:28 UTC 2012

On 11/04/2012 01:18 AM, Karl Auer wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-11-03 at 21:45 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
>> Ahha!!!!! Fixed it! Use device /dev/dsp instead of "default" in kino
>> preferences/audio. Now it plays at normal speed and audio/video is
>> synced. :) Ric
>
> "Unless you stop smoking you will be dead in a week"
> "but Doctor, I don't smoke"
> "In that case, please settle your bill before leaving"
>
> The sound device was already set to /dev/dsp :-) So I set it to
> "default" just in case, and lo! Playback worked at normal speed! Except
> the sound was then completely (and I do mean *completely*) out of synch
> - multiple tens of seconds out of synch. When I set it back to
> "/dev/dsp", it brought back the high-speed playback symptom.
>
> So I took the idea from your other message, ran kino via padsp, and that
> did work. I have normal-speed playback and I have synchronised sound.
>
> Thank you!
>
> However, the sound is slightly poppy, and the captured video has a few
> dropouts - just a split second, enough to lose a syllable of a word.
> Whenever a dropout happens, I see two or three (or four or five) of
> these on the console:
>
>     [dvvideo @ 0x2b90340] AC EOB marker is absent pos=64
>
> Any ideas on that one?

Import your file from scratch. Then, using the FX tab, render it, and
see if that doesn't clean it up. Kino has one habit you have to watch.
Say you have several clips, after editing out crap like ads. When you
render, make sure you click on the last clip to get the end point, then
manually enter 0 for the start point. That way you render everything
into one blob so you can export the file to your favorite format. Sad
that Kino seems to be getting long in the tooth. I like it. :) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html