Airtel 4G LTE USB Modem/Stick(http://www.airtel.in/4g/index.html)

Kaushal Shriyan kaushalshriyan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 23:48:46 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 3:03 PM, Avi Greenbury <lists at avi.co> wrote:

> Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> > > Is Airtel 4G LTE USB Modem/Stick support available in Ubuntu 11.10?
> >
> > Can someone please comment about my earlier post to this emailing list?
>
> Generally, when you don't get a response to your question it's because
> nobody on here knows the answer to it. This is normally for one of two
> reasons: nobody understood the question fully enough to determine what
> you actually want to know, or simply that nobody on here knows that
> thing which you are trying to find out.
>
> Here, I think it's likely the former. Frequently a single model of USB
> device (like a 4G dongle) has several revisions for the same model
> number, but all you've given us is a manufacturer and a purpose. It
> would be easier to give a reliable answer if you can tell us at least
> the model name or number of the device, if not its revision.
>
> Is this a device you have and are trying to make work under 11.10, or
> is it something that you are looking at buying - if the latter we may
> be able to find something more reliably supported.

Avi,

http://paste.ubuntu.com/1319682/ has details about ZTE MF880 Airtel USB
Modem 4G LTE

kaushal at kaushal-laptop:~$ dpkg -l | grep usb-modeswitch
ii  usb-modeswitch
1.1.9-1ubuntu3                          mode switching tool for controlling
"flip flop" USB devices
ii  usb-modeswitch-data
20110805-1                              mode switching data for
usb-modeswitch
kaushal at kaushal-laptop:~$
[  779.307667] usb 2-1.3: new high speed USB device number 4 using ehci_hcd
[  779.404590] scsi7 : usb-storage 2-1.3:1.0
[  780.402826] scsi 7:0:0:0: CD-ROM            L_T_E     USB SCSI CD-ROM
USB PQ: 0 ANSI: 0
[  780.435932] sr1: scsi-1 drive
[  780.436329] sr 7:0:0:0: Attached scsi CD-ROM sr1
[  780.436639] sr 7:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg2 type 5
[  795.589375] ISO 9660 Extensions: Microsoft Joliet Level 1
[  795.647975] ISOFS: changing to secondary root
kaushal at kaushal-laptop:~$

Please point me to the supported 4G LTE Models in Ubuntu.

Regards,

Kaushal