How do I disable screen blanking?

jimmckenzie at earthlink.net jimmckenzie at earthlink.net
Tue May 29 05:55:43 UTC 2012

I installed Kubuntu 12.04 64 Bit and love it for the most part. I can't find the setting to stop screen blanking. I want the the "Screen Saver" function but after a few minutes the screen also blanks (fades to black) and I can't find a setting to disable this. It's not in System Settings/Power Management, It's not in System Settings/Display and Monitor, and as far as I can tell it's not in System Settings/Startup and Shutdown.

Where else could the setting be located? Is it buried in some file elsewhere in the system?

The obvious question to some might be "Is screen blanking that much of a problem", to me yes it is. I want the screen saver visible where ever the system is inactive or when ever I lock the system, blanking prevents this.

I don't know which log files to post or where they are in the system so please let me know which logs to post and where they are and I'll post them.

Any / All help will be appreciated.

Thank You

James R McKenzie

P.S. I'm unemployed so there is no one to ask at work ans as for a "Local Linux Club" I can't find one in the entire state of South Carolina. This list is my only source for help at all.