default music player disappeared on Ubuntu 12.04

Gelonida N gelonida at gmail.com
Mon May 28 08:14:01 UTC 2012

On 05/27/2012 11:41 PM, Lucio M Nicolosi wrote:
> On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 2:33 PM, Gelonida N<gelonida at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I installed Ubuntu 12.04 and had a music player installed (by default), that
>> I could access via the top bar's audio icon.
>>

>> I installed now some alternative desk top managers and somehow one of the
>> installed packages seems to have removed my audioplayer.
>>
>> It is now replaced by gmusicbrowser and my playlist of the preceeding audio
>> players are of course not used.
>>

>> So my questions:
>>
>> 1.) What is the daufault audio player on Ubuntu 12.04?
>> 2.) How can I start it if it is no more the defualt player?
>> 3.) What do I have to do to make it again the default player?
>> 4.) Is it possible to have two different audio players in the
>>      top bar's audio menu?
>
> Look for "Rhythmbox" on Dash, it is the default music player on a
> clean install. You can probably lock its icon on launcher (the left
> panel).

Yes, It was Rhythmbox. and it was still installed and I can start it
from dash.
Thank you. At least I should now be able to lock it to the launcher.

Ideally however I'd like to have it back to the top bar's audio section
as it was initially.

WWhere can I choose that Rhythmbox will be already in the top bar after
login and that gmusicbrowser shouldn't?