modem question

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Mon May 28 03:18:49 UTC 2012

On 28/05/12 06:17, Ric Moore wrote:
> On 05/27/2012 05:09 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
>
>> This series of posts has started me on the "nostalgia quest" :-) . A few
>> minutes ago I found this in my notebook as the init string for one of my
>> modems:
>>
>> B0 E0 S95=47 W1 X3 &C1 &D2 \N5 S11=75 % %C3 % %E2 &W &W1
>
> That wasn't for a US Robotics was it? That might cloud the issue a
> tad. God knows there are plenty of variations just within the US
> Robotic line.

Nah. Never had any of them "foreign devil" thingies :-) .

All this is now in the  hazy past but I seem to think that just like
with the old Commodore 64 one had to fiddle or something to get things
to work properly because "you" have a 60Hz power supply while we have
50Hz and as a result there were some timing hassles - or something,  I
think :-) .

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.1 x86_64 KDE 4.8.3 and kernel 3.4.0 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor