Hard disk partitions corrupted(not booting) after kernel update.Ubuntu 11.10.

Luis Maceira luis_a_maceira at yahoo.com
Fri May 18 11:40:06 UTC 2012

I am unable to boot several Operative systems on several HDD partitions after an update of kernel on Ubuntu 11.10.I check with fsck and the filesystems are OK(I can copy files,list files etc.)so,the problem is related to booting.I tried TestDisk but the problem is not at that level.Some of the OSs when booting give me warnings like this one:

udevd[102]:timeout: killing "/sbin/blkid -o dev -p /dev/sdb9" [311]
udev[102}: "/sbin/blkid -o dev -p /dev/sdb9" [311] terminated by signal 9(Killed)

In partitions I do not receive above type messages only a blank(black) screen
with a blinking cursor at upper left side of the screen.