Password

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Wed May 16 08:35:43 UTC 2012

On 16 May 2012 03:16, Matt <mkraner at kraner.us> wrote:
> I have a file that has a password on it... I don't recall the password. Is
> there a away to get the
> password back?

It *should* be exceptionally difficult to reverse engineer the
password. After all, that's the whole point of encrypting the file.
Saying that, some encryption methods are flawed (or just not very good
to begin with - old passworded Zip files for example were trivial to
circumvent).

What is the file encrypted with? Is it a specific file format (7z,
rar, zip, gpg, pgp, etc.)?

--
Steve