build erros with multiarch changes in 12.04

Josh Stratton strattonbrazil at gmail.com
Wed May 16 02:33:38 UTC 2012

I can't possibly be the only one using qmake, right?  If I look at the
QT_INSTALL_LIBS qmake defaults to, it excludes more than half of
libraries on the system.  I know there was some discussion getting
cmake configured to use both lib directories.  Is it working for
everyone with qmake?

$ qmake -query
QT_INSTALL_PREFIX:/usr
QT_INSTALL_DATA:/usr/share/qt4
QT_INSTALL_DOCS:/usr/share/qt4/doc
QT_INSTALL_HEADERS:/usr/include/qt4
QT_INSTALL_LIBS:/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
QT_INSTALL_BINS:/usr/bin
QT_INSTALL_PLUGINS:/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/qt4/plugins
QT_INSTALL_IMPORTS:/usr/lib/qt4/imports
QT_INSTALL_TRANSLATIONS:/usr/share/qt4/translations
QT_INSTALL_CONFIGURATION:/etc/xdg
QT_INSTALL_EXAMPLES:/usr/lib/qt4/examples
QT_INSTALL_DEMOS:/usr/lib/qt4/demos
QMAKE_MKSPECS:/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs
QMAKE_VERSION:2.01a
QT_VERSION:4.8.1