mouse behavior erratic after upgrade to 12.04 and updates applied

Gilles Gravier ggravier at fsfe.org
Mon May 14 08:57:12 UTC 2012

Hi!

On 13/05/2012 19:57, Ric Moore wrote:
> On 05/11/2012 08:45 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
>>
>> And so, 3 days on...... have you resolved your problem with the mice?
>
> Hell no. This is maddening. If I leave the mouse alone for more than a
> minute, it freezes. Clicking the mouse un-freezes it. Gonna try some
> older kernels to see if that works Ric

Just for the record, this behavior I see EXACTLY on a Windows 7 machine
with a cheapo wired mouse I use for the kids computer... Yeah... Win 7
because kids Adibou games don't run well on Linux.

So, I'm willing to NOT blame totally Ubuntu on this one.

Have you tried different mice? Or plugging the mouse in a different USB
port? Or in a USB HUB? Or removing it from the HUB if it's in a USB HUB?

Gilles.