mouse behavior <NOT SOLVED>

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon May 14 07:30:09 UTC 2012

On 05/14/2012 03:13 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 14/05/12 16:45, Ric Moore wrote:
>> Well, I thought for awhile that fixed it by moving my USB headset to a
>> USB 2.0 slot, but it didn't. Instead it taunted me by working for a
>> bit, THEN FAILING. Stinkin' USB mouse will freeze up after being idle.
>> I've tried different kernels, unloaded the nvidia driver, reloaded the
>> nvidia driver, everything I can think of. I'm gonna re-run the DVD
>> install disk and run Ubuntu 12.04 from there to see what it does. I
>> shall report back. Ric
>
> I am not telling you how to such eggs, but you do know that if there are
> 2 USB devices on the same channel then only one will work if the other
> is working and using the channel?

Well, just got back from running the install CD in run mode. No
problems. I went and walked the dog, came back after 15 minutes and the
mouse kept right on mousing. Nary a burp in the barrel. That's why I
don't trust a damn upgrade, there's always some old obscure config file
~ somewhere ~ that did not get notified that changes have occurred.
Looks like it'll be full clean install time, again. I did have high
hopes though. That'll teach me to take my own advice. <swears> Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html