Ubuntu Classic in Ubuntu12.04

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 11 01:07:46 UTC 2012

On 05/10/2012 04:56 PM, Lance wrote:
> sudo apt-get install gnome-panel
>
> is what you want  :p

No, 'sudo apt-get install gnome' works just fine for me.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/gnome
http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/gnome-panel

On top of that I also install the GNOME3 ppa to pick up added/missed
packages:
https://launchpad.net/~gnome3-team/+archive/gnome3

$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gnome3-team/gnome3

And then of course, you'll need to spend the next two-three days
reinstalling  & retuning packages that the Ubuntu gods decided to rip
out when upgrading from 10.10 to 12.04. You know... small things like
grsync, synaptic, cups-pdf, nmap, etherape, acroread, wine, vmware,
virtualbox, opengis, dia, sun-java jre, adobe flash, *all* of your
printers, etc, etc. And that's just so you can get back to work &
experiment with Unity like a game during off time if you wish. :=)