Virtualbox access to graphics card

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu May 10 01:01:56 UTC 2012

On 05/09/2012 07:25 PM, Wade Smart wrote:
> I have a duel dvi nvidia graphics card Im using with ubuntu 10.04.
> I have virtualbox installed with WinXP. I have a program that needs
> access to this video card. In XP Device Manager it says Video Controller
> is not installed. When I run the card install cd, it says, "The VGA detected
> seems not XFX's product. Please go to nvidia.com to get the driver for the
> other NVIDIA VGA."
>
> Im not even sure I can do what Im trying to do.

To get it running in XP or Linux?? There is a difference between the
drivers. Just use jockey for Ubuntu to install it, then use nvidia-setup
to adjust the configuration file (/etc/X11/xorg.conf)
that it will create for you. Easy peasy.

Then use whatever nvidia supplies you for your XP side.

The reason for not using a .run file directly from nVidia is that their
installer uses different locations of it's libraries than Ubunto uses.
Jockey will do the skull sweat for you, for Ubuntu. Jockey will be named
"Additional Drivers" on your menu list. :) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html