change permissions to copy pictures into backgrounds

Jake Maier j.m at jmforestry.com
Wed May 9 11:47:28 UTC 2012

Aware of the danger that I'll be shunned from this list for the rest of my
live I still have a question on this issue. No I don't want to have naked
people on my wallpaper but I am the only one to use my computer. There is
nobody in my house except my cat, and I think that there are a whole lot of
people out there who use their computer as a single user with none around to
share it.
Why can't there be a simple bypass of all the unnecessary security for these
in my opinion quite common situations. I understand that there are necessary
security issues which apply everywhere.

I just switched to Ubuntu leaving windows because I got so annoyed with it.
There are many things already I see on Ubuntu where I was pleasantly
surprised, but I didn't understand why Windows couldn't deal better with
single users and I don't quite understand it that Ubuntu has not an easy
bypass for single users.
I hope keeping this issue alive does not annoy anyone.
Thanks for your time
Jake