Ubuntu server and power off

Paulo Sampaio paulo.vicente.neto at gmail.com
Mon May 7 14:58:03 UTC 2012

Even if a hardware failure due to unexpected power down is rare, he should
be protected against it. Recently I've seen problems with Virtualbox, on
power failure the disc file can be corrupted and you loose the VM, it
happened to me once with Virtualbox 3.1.

Antonio, you can use one no-break with USB or Serial port, when it
activates the batteries it can send a signal to your server shutdown
properly, if that is not an option be ready to use your backup plan.

Atenciosamente,
__
*Paulo Sampaio**
*