Thermical printer in Ubuntu Server

Antonio Fernández Pérez antoniofernandez at fabergames.com
Mon May 7 12:15:10 UTC 2012

Hi everybody,

I'm using a thermical printer on Ubuntu Server with its owner commands. The
printer is USB and Ubuntu creates a file in /dev/usb/lp0. If I execute echo
-e "Hello world!" > /dev/usb/lp0, printer prints this text fine, but, in
some commands there are return value that I would like to check. Anybody
could tell me how could read the exit value of these commands? For example,
I can send to the printer a command to know if printer has ink or if it's
ready to print.

I hope your help and advices.

Best regards,

Antonio.

--

*Antonio Manuel Fernández Pérez*

*Ingeniero Técnico en Informática
*Dpto. Programación y Sistemas Fabergames S.L.
TLF:966261111 / FAX:966551801
www.fabergames.com