Install 12.04 into hard disk but boot from USB

Kanda Kumar V kandakumar.v at gmail.com
Mon May 7 08:12:47 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have a lenovo Z570 with preinstalled Win7, which had utilized all of the
possible 4 primary partitions in the disk. Wishing to install Ubuntu, I had
managed to create logical drive using EaseUS.
When tried to install 12.04, bootloader says it can't be written into
/dev/sda (may be the windows 7 OEM has something to do with it).
Anyway I don't want to disturb my Win7 for reasons others in my family are
using it.

Is there a way that I could install ubuntu in the logical drive of the
native HD of my PC, but use USB only to boot. I want to achieve something
like

1. Boot normally into windows without USB
2. Choose boot drive as USB and boot into Ubuntu installed in the logical
drive of the HD.

Kindly advice/help.

PS: I want to install into the logical drive, so as to fully use the power
(64bit, 8GB) of the laptop for my amateur video editings.

--
Cheers,
KK