Installing VirtualBox Guest Additions

G. pegngaryubuntu at gmail.com
Sun May 6 14:00:46 UTC 2012

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:
> HI
>
> I have Installed Ubuntu 11.10 as guest OS in VirtualBox running in
> Ubuntu 12.04.  I understand that to get the best performance I should
> install the Guest Additions, but am not sure of the correct way to do
> this, google having found conflicting advise on this for me.  For
> example [1] provides two different methods, one in the text and
> another in the first comment, and when I attempted this some time ago
> I think I used another method, which I was never quite sure had worked
> properly.  What is the recommended way of doing this please?
>
> Colin
>
> [1] http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2010/06/26/install-virtualbox-guest-additions-on-virtualbox-guests/

I am pretty sure that on 11.10 you have to download it from the
virtual box site, and then install it with a double click while in the
guest system.  I think installing it from virtual box (Device I think)
just will not work, but you can try that and if it works, you should
be fine.  I have used 11.10 as a host not as a guest.

Hope it goes well.

garyk