Broken packages after online upgrade from 11.10 to 12.04

Dave Henley dhenley1 at live.com
Thu May 3 07:39:23 UTC 2012

Yesterday I upgraded my ubuntu 11.10 online to version 12.04. During the upgrade a few messages came by stating the following:

The upgrade will continue but the 'firefox' package may not be in a working state. Please consider submitting a bug report about it.
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2

Now I`m unable to perform any update/upgrade nor a new package install.
How to resolve this issue?

Dave