Two server high available cluster

Avi Greenbury lists at avi.co
Tue May 1 18:29:32 UTC 2012

Tero Mäntyvaara wrote:

> Both servers have two LAN interfaces. Which software should I use?

Generally, pacemaker seems to be popular here. You want to be pretty
confident already in running a single server before putting together a
redundant pair - clustering is not simple in itself, let alone doing it
while learning the quirks of the software you're trying to cluster.

> How do I set up filesystem so that it is usable even when a secondary
> server acts as primary?

Use DRBD and a clustered filesystem like OCFS2. You may find it simpler
(and more available) to use something like csync2 rather than
block-level replication, depending on the rate at which you expect to
be changing files.

--
Avi