cannot create configuration of noip2

Richard Liu liuranball at gmail.com
Tue May 1 14:44:34 UTC 2012

Hi James,
Thanks for your kindly help, but I run the noip2 in root bash, which I
write in the previous mail, ">> root at rllab:/opt/download/noip-2.1.9-1#
make instal"
And I tried the "sudo make install " again, but it is the same issue.
I think it is a compatibility issue between Ubuntu 12.04 and noip2
latest version.
Do you have any other suggestion? Thanks

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 9:36 PM, James Plate <james.plate at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/30/2012 03:39 AM, Richard Liu wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>   I just installed the Ubuntu 12.04 server, and when I try to install
>> the noip2, I found the apt-get cannot find it. So I download the noip2
>> source from no-ip.com to install it manually. During the installing,
>> the "make" is successful, but the "make install" is failed.  it always
>> notice me that the user name and password is failed, but I am sure the
>> user name and password is correct. Any one met the same issue? Is
>> there anybody can help me for this problem? Thanks
>>

>> the error information is as follow:
>>
>> root at rllab:/opt/download/noip-2.1.9-1# make install
>> if [ ! -d /usr/local/bin ]; then mkdir -p /usr/local/bin;fi
>> if [ ! -d /usr/local/etc ]; then mkdir -p /usr/local/etc;fi
>> cp noip2 /usr/local/bin/noip2
>> /usr/local/bin/noip2 -C -c /tmp/no-ip2.conf
>>
>> Auto configuration for Linux client of no-ip.com.
>>
>> Please enter the login/email string for no-ip.com  liuranball at gmail.com
>>
>> Please enter the password for user ''  *******************
>>
>> You have entered an incorrect username
>>         -or-
>> an incorrect password for this username.
>> mv /tmp/no-ip2.conf /usr/local/etc/no-ip2.conf
>> mv: cannot stat `/tmp/no-ip2.conf': No such file or directory
>> make: *** [install] Error 1
>>
> Hi Richard, typically you need to run 'sudo make install' as it will
> need write permissions to system directories. Hope this  helps.

B.RGDS
Richard