Does anybody like ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Gilles Gravier ggravier at fsfe.org
Tue May 1 06:09:12 UTC 2012

Hi!

On 01/05/2012 07:34, user1 wrote:
> I have used ubuntu the last 4 years, I began using kde 3x and ended up
> using 10.10 and gnome 2x very happily
>
> Now I switch between 10.10 and 12.04 planning to use 12.04 as my default
>
> Does anybody like ubuntu 12.04

So far, I've moved 2 laptops (including a very old Asus EeePC 900), 1
desktop, and finally after 24H of testing, the home server to 12.04. And
I have to say that I love it!

I would prefer some more configuration options.

I installed (suggested by Robert Spanjaard, here on this list) MyUnity
to configure fonts to my liking (font sizes, I prefer smaller).

I find very good looking, but terrible and dangerous from a privacy
perspective, the fact that the greeter displays the selected user's
background (if you have an adult-only background and somebody walks by
and scrolls through users presented on the greeter, results can be
interesting).

I would like to find a way to get to a greeter with user icons displayed
(more user-friendly).

All in all, I find it very nice, upgrade was smooth, very much so.

All I did after the upgrade, just to clean up last bits was to
re-enable/adapt the 3rd party repositories I had (Medibuntu, Logitech,
Google, MKVTools) and :

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get autoclean