Windows 7

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Fri Mar 30 02:24:49 UTC 2012

On 03/29/2012 10:11 PM, Ted Hilts wrote:
> I had to get this notebook (PS200 cpu) but most of my network is Linux
> -- the recent machines are Ubuntu. I have two problems. First problem is
> that I do not like the new Ubuntu direction(I don't like any of it
> because my older machines can't handle the screen behavior and Ubuntu
> appears to be moving quickly into the commercial side if things and
> won't support any of the traditional stuff especially development
> tools).

There are things about the current Ubuntu I'm not very fond of myself,
and I usually take opportunity to gripe bout them from time to time.
But this is just nonsense.  You have older computers or systems that
need to work without accelerated 3D video, install Lubunut/Xubuntu and
be happy.  and not support development tools? Where the *censored* does
that come from?

And as for Windows 7, somewhere in the network settings, Windows offers
you a chance to turn off Homegroups and use traditional windows
networking.  You'll probably find that works better.