useable desktop-search in 12.04

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Sun Mar 25 17:40:10 UTC 2012

Sunday, March 25, 2012, 6:52:07 AM, Carlos wrote:

> Beagle was much better, but there is no updated version... :(

How so better? Can it do specified proximity searches[a very powerful
search tool], or multiple restricted file types, or restricted
subtrees - just to mention a few of the capabilities of recoll? Beagle
had a nice simple interface, but I much prefer recoll for large,
complex, serious searches where you want to get something without
having to go through a lot of extra junk manually. No eye candy in the
recoll interface, though - just a lot of search power...

And, the developer is also interested in capability. I suggested
adding proximity searching, and he did. So if there is another 'power'
feature you might like, let him know. You might be able to improve it
even more.

--

 rikona