I want to customize the results of grub-update

Kevin O'Gorman kogorman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 02:55:42 UTC 2012

Using grub-update on 10.04.04 LTS on my Gateway laptop, dual booted
with Win 7, I get a really perverse menu.
One used to be able to edit those things by hand with legacy GRUB, but
I don't know how to do it with GNU GRUB.
What's wrong?  The default is the first item in the menu, with is a
windows recovery partition that GRUB thinks is Vista.
What's wrong with that?
1) I want the default to be Ubuntu
2) I don't want to see the recovery partition in position 1; I'd
prefer it at the end.

Is there a way to do this so it keeps happening?

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD