FW: Error installing Ubuntu 11.10 on VirtualBox

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 18 14:13:35 UTC 2012

On 18 March 2012 14:03, Suhaila Haji Mohd Hussin
<bell_beauty12 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> How would you boot off the CD? Is it from the settings on the virtualbox?

Plug the CD in the drive and reboot the PC.  But if you are running
from an iso then it is obviously not a problem with a CD.  Check the
md5sum of the iso image to make sure it is downloaded correctly.
Google if you do not know how to do that.

Please don't top post, it makes it difficult to follow the thread.
Insert your replies at appropriate points in previous message.
Thanks.

Colin

> Suhaila
>
>> From: clanlaw at googlemail.com
>> Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 13:57:01 +0000
>> Subject: Re: Error installing Ubuntu 11.10 on VirtualBox
>> To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
>>
>> On 18 March 2012 13:44, Suhaila Haji Mohd Hussin
>> <bell_beauty12 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hello.
>> >
>> > I got this kinda error
>> >
>> > Errno5 input/output error
>> >
>> > This particular error is often due to a faulty CD/DVD disk or drive, or
>> > faulty hard disk. It may help to clean the CD/DVD, to burn the CD/DVD at
>> > lower speed, to clean the CD/DVD drive lens (cleaning kits are often
>> > available from electronics suppliers), to check whether the hard disk is
>> > old
>> > and in need of replacement, or to move the system to a cooler
>> > environment.
>>
>> If you boot off the CD then I think on the first screen before it
>> boots into Ubuntu there is an option to check the CD. Run this to
>> check that it is burnt correctly and that the drive can read it. If
>> that fails then follow the advice given with the error you posted.
>>
>> Colin
>>
>> --

gplus.to/clanlaw