sudo symbolic link between directories

thufir hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 06:11:04 UTC 2012

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 22:10:43 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:

>> It doesn't feel right to me. You'll end up with /usr/bin/bin, or
>> possibly /usr/bin/ActiveTcl-8.5/bin. It also doesn't seem right that
>> you should have to construct this complicated arrangement just to help
>> ruby compile.
>
> What about using alternatives? That would be one way to go. Ric

I don't think /usr/bin/ActiveTcl-8.5/bin would even work.  I'd like to:

"Create as administrator (sudo) one link in /usr/bin to the command that
you'd like to call (for example with8.5 and tclsh8.5). One time that you
had create the links you can run directly tclsh8.5 or wish8.5 in one
terminal."

http://community.activestate.com/node/7489

so that when RVM compiles ruby tk is included.  It's enough of a PITA
that I wonder perhaps Gentoo emerge doesn't have a point.

-Thufir