display randomly wakes up

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sat Mar 17 07:08:48 UTC 2012

On 17/03/12 17:34, scar wrote:
> i am using ubuntu 10.04 on a desktop computer and having a strange issue
> where the LCD display is randomly waking up.  for example, i go AFK and
> then my power-saving settings go into effect, putting the LCD to sleep.
>   then, at random times, it seems, i will notice the LCD is not sleeping.
>   sometimes it wakes me up at night.  the screensaver is still running,
> though.  i don't think the mouse is getting moved inadvertently.  is
> there perhaps something running on the system that could cause this?

What do you have set in your BIOS about "waking things up"? From what
you are stating above your system is running - and your monitor fully
powered - 24/7. so check your BIOS to see what triggers the sytem, say,
to "wake up".

BC

--
The vulgar crowd always is taken by appearances, and the world consists chiefly of the vulgar.
                    Niccolo Machiavelli