Wifi problems: is there a solution ?

Freddy Van Ingelgom freddyek at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 13:53:34 UTC 2012

I just discovered a solution to the problem: it is some power-saving
configuration that messes up wireless. See:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1678098&page=2 . From this thread,
I used mhall119's answer: there is a script called
/usr/lib/pm-utils/power.d/wireless that doesn't work properly. I created
the file /etc/pm/power.d/wireless, wrote the two lines "#!/bin/bash" and
"exit 0", and made it executable. This overrides the original script,
fixing the wireless problem.

Thanks to everyone for the help, and to mhall119 too.