migration path suggestions?

Sonny Avery sonny at tekkidd.com
Wed Mar 14 15:25:13 UTC 2012

If you are totally unsatisfied with Ubuntu then you could always try
Debian. I always found Unity to buggy to use so I loaded Debian on my
system. Its just like 10.04LTS only updates and support stretch out much
longer. And with a few tweaks you can even add things like PPA support.

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14 March 2012 04:29, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> >> The more I look at 12.04, the more I'm coming to that conclusion.
> >>
> >> I wish there was a succinct statement of the purpose behind all those
> >> changes to gui, so that based on that I can make the decision. As it
> >> is, I'm forced to decipher their strategy behind it all looking at a
> >> large volume of details, with a significant investment of my time.
> >> As it appears, that investment is likely to be lost...
> >>
> >> Ditching Unity (12.04 GUI/desktop?) means ditching Ubuntu, right?
> >>
> >> If that turns out to be my conclusion, what would be the logical
> >> migration path for someone with a fairly high-end desktop computer,
> >> who was perfectly happy with 10.04? It would appear I have somewhat
> >> less than one year to decide (10.04 support end-date, April 2013).
> >>
> >> M.R.
> >

> > I am not a Moderator but I do have to make this firm request:
> >
> > do *NOT*, repeat *NOT*, keep altering the Subject heading of an existing
> > thread when you reply to a post!
> >
> > This is not the first time that you have done this so please cut it out!
> >
> > If you want to start a new thread then do so but leave an existing thread
> > alone.
>
> What Basil said!
>
> --
> Liam Proven • Profile: http://lproven.livejournal.com/profile
> Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven
> MSN: lproven at hotmail.com • Skype/AIM/Yahoo/LinkedIn: liamproven
> Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884

Sonny Golovine
Email Me <sonny at tekkidd.com>
Tekkidd's Blog <http://www.tekkidd.com>
Twitter <http://twitter.com/tekkiddsblog>