breaking the threads...

Wed Mar 14 14:59:00 UTC 2012

Am 14.03.2012 15:52, schrieb Robert P. J. Day:
> On Wed, 14 Mar 2012, M.R. wrote:
>
>> However, I *will change* my usage of the subject line if told so by
>> the list owner/moderator, or if another participant points me to
>> where the list owner has a documented directive that the subject
>> lines must not be changed inside a thread. (This would be the only
>> list with such rule I'm aware of, but I guess that's what a list
>> owner has the right to do).
>>
>> M.R.
>
>    first, you need to get out more often as everyone else is correct
> and you are wrong.

Actually, that's not a correct statement. At least Liam and Basil
are on a wrong track.

>    second, and more critically, you seem to be taking an amazingly
> obstinate position on something that would be trivially easy to
> change.  all people are asking you to do is use a new message to start
> a new thread.

But, if you have a look, he didn't start a new thread! The subject
line is supposed to be a brief "overview" of what's in the mail.
If the topic (or, maybe we might even call it "subject") changes,
it's correct to change the subject contents.

What confuses me - why this "hate"? He's not doing anything
wrong! On the contrary, he's completely right!

Alexander
--
☄ Google+ ↣ http://plus.skwar.me                   ☄
☛ Lifestream (Twitter, …) ↣ http://sup.skwar.me    ☛