breaking the threads...

M.R. makrober at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 14:42:51 UTC 2012

On 03/14/2012 02:18 PM, Liam Proven wrote:
> No, MR, whatever your name is, you are breaking the threads.

That happens only if your mail client is not keeping the thread
together based on the references in the message headers.

If that is the case, what we have here is a sub-standard
or mis-configured mail client program, or a user who has not
bothered to set it properly.

> extremely annoying and I for one am getting very close to kill-filing
> you for it.

Go ahead, but see below. That will solve your problem with my posts,
but not with other participants that use the subject line for what
it is intended to be used for.

However, I *will change* my usage of the subject line if told so by the
list owner/moderator, or if another participant points me to where
the list owner has a documented directive that the subject lines
must not be changed inside a thread. (This would be the only list
with such rule I'm aware of, but I guess that's what a list owner
has the right to do).

M.R.