astrology softwares in repos

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Sun Mar 11 22:50:55 UTC 2012

On 03/11/2012 04:45 PM, Amedee Van Gasse wrote:
> On 10-03-12 04:45, Ric Moore wrote:

>>> More than one exclamation mark is generally regarded as a sign of
>>> insanity. I don't know what 8 to 10 of them means, but it's not a good
>>> sign.
>>>
>>> As has been pointed out, this is not the place for the debate.
>>>
>>> But to answer your question: what it is to me is that the charlatans
>>> and frauds who practice this completely false and bogus thing are
>>> ripping people off. It is a scam, a lie, and helping to protect people
>>> from being defrauded is generally regarded as a good thing.
>>
>> Well, that could also be attributed to any belief system but, as one
>> ancient mystic noted, "Whatever floats your boat." :) Ric
>>

> One could say that every astrology software would contain bugs. :)
> On the other hand if someone just has some weird kind of OCD and likes
> to know when certain planets are aligned, then I would suggest astroNOMY
> software. There are loads of those, I'd suggest to take a look at Celestia.
>
> Oh and I agree on the whole "multiple exclamation marks = insanity"
> argument. Please roll a 12-sided dice to determine your insanity points.

There's a couple points:

1.) I know I'm crazy and I have the shrinks papers to prove it.

2.) I didn't use any "exclamation points". If you clean your glass's you
might see that they are question marks. *<]:oD

I think we can agree that for the most part astrology is bunk. HOWEVER,
just as an example, someone reads their horoscope and it says that they
should be extra careful today. It's a bad day for them. On the way to
work, with the horoscope in mind, they make choices that err on the side
of caution in traffic instead of the, shall we say, less careful
choices. All day long they make more careful choices and arrive back
home safe and sound. I would say that just possibly the horoscope did
work.  IF the person had made the more dangerous choices he might have
been in an accident and killed, or someone else might have been hurt by
his choice. If the person hadn't read their horoscope and made the same
choices they would have wound up in the same place as he did, so.........

Back to my point, if someone wants astrology software on their computer
that's completely up to them and no one else's business.

--
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain
the  people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the

- Patrick  Henry -