Amazon MP3 Player Download on Ubuntu

Swapnil Bhartiya swapnil.bhartiya at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 08:14:24 UTC 2012

On 03/10/2012 03:08 PM, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 09:49:42AM +0100, Swapnil Bhartiya wrote:
>> I am using Amazon for Music purchase, but it require one to download the
>> Amazon MP3 Downloader which is available only for Ubuntu 9.04 and is not
>> working for the latest Ubuntu.
>>
>> Is there anyway to use Amazon MP3 downloader?
>
> Unfortunately Amazon don't provide this for recent ubuntu versions as you have discovered, please do complain to them about that.

Thanks. As I can see they are not going to listen, but will do let them
know.

> You can use Amazon to purchase MP3 music from Amarok or the equivalent Unity application (Banshee I think).
Yes, I see that in Amarok now and will use it. But sometimes buying
entire album is cheaper than single tracks. Thanks for pointing that out
I almost forgot about that.

> You can also use the Ubuntu One music shop.

Does U1 support Amazon purchases as the tracks I wanted were not on
U1Music shop?

> And there is clamz for command line users as others have pointed out.

Thanks. I appreciate that.

Best
Swapnil