Amazon MP3 Player Download on Ubuntu

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Sat Mar 10 14:08:08 UTC 2012

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 09:49:42AM +0100, Swapnil Bhartiya wrote:
> I am using Amazon for Music purchase, but it require one to download the
> Amazon MP3 Downloader which is available only for Ubuntu 9.04 and is not
> working for the latest Ubuntu.
>
> Is there anyway to use Amazon MP3 downloader?

Unfortunately Amazon don't provide this for recent ubuntu versions as you have discovered, please do complain to them about that.

You can use Amazon to purchase MP3 music from Amarok or the equivalent Unity application (Banshee I think).

You can also use the Ubuntu One music shop.

And there is clamz for command line users as others have pointed out.

Jonathan