Automatically mounting all volumes at boot

Colin Law clanlaw at
Wed Mar 7 13:15:52 UTC 2012

On 7 March 2012 12:58, Liam Proven <lproven at> wrote:
> 2012/3/7 Conny Enström <uncurbed at>:
>> 2012-03-07 10:29, Colin Law skrev:
>>> You are missing the point I think.  He has a system where disks come
>>> and go, he wants all drives found to be automatically mounted so that
>>> he does not have to keep messing with fstab.
>>> Colin
>> Ok I see, then it will be tricky.....
> :¬) Yes, it seems that it will.
> But as I recall, this is what older versions of Ubuntu used to do /by default/.

Not have used older versions of Ubuntu I don't know about that.  What
would it mount them as?

I seem to remember that when I first started with ubuntu the installer
put entries in fstab for everything it found, but I think that may no
longer happen.  I may be wrong on either or both points however.