Touchscreen usage

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 01:37:41 UTC 2012

On 7 March 2012 00:50, H.S.Rai <hardeep.rai at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 11:32 PM, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> You have not specified what computer you are using, or failing that,
>
> HP DreamScreen 400:
>
> http://h41112.www4.hp.com/dreamscreen/in/en/index.html
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5BvYn-wUTM
>
>> what models of graphics chip, driver, screen and touchscreen hardware
>> and driver.
>

> which has some form of Linux (guess Fedora) and is touch screen
> All-in-one Internet Device. It comes with FreeDos along with Linux
> (named as DreamScreen OS).

Interesting machine!

Well, if it runs one Linux, then clearly others are possible, but it
might not be easy, as I fear you are discovering. I would use a LiveCD
and an external mouse to start poking around in the installed Linux
and inspecting its configuration files, if I were you. Try to find
what is making it tick at present. /etc/X11/xorg.conf is a good place
to start.

> MSI AIO is the monitor.

I do not understand this sentence. MSI's AIO devices are a range of
computers in their own right, much like your HP all-in-one.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884