xscreensaver issues

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 22:34:03 UTC 2012

On 03/06/2012 04:19 PM, Gerhard Magnus wrote:

> I am in the process of changing the linux distribution on my small LAN
> from Fedora to Ubuntu 11.10. Whatever the issues may be with Ubuntu,
> they're nothing compared to the disaster Fedora has turned into. I don't
> mind every little thing being an adventure with linux, but solving
> "computer problems" isn't my main form of entertainment in this life.
> And when things as basic as ssh and NFS no longer work, and developers
> have made huge changes without documenting much of anything... well,
> it's time to move on.

Welcome to the land of the RedHat ex-pats! I sincerely believe that if
Bob Young had stayed on, that the boxed set would still be alive, as he
understood that the future support paying admins needed a sandbox to
grow and thrive in. It was like divorcing an unfaithful harsh mistress.
And, previously, I worked there. I just needed to get MY stuff done.
Again, welcome! Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html