[ubuntu-users] Command not found

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 5 14:39:17 UTC 2012

On 5 March 2012 14:22, John Sampson <jrs.idx at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On 05/03/2012 13:46, Bert Swart wrote:

>>> There should be no need for the trailing '/'.  Can you confirm that
>>> for you it is necessary?
>
> Tried again. Yes, it is necessary.

Can you copy and paste the command you entered and the result please
(the complete lines please).  Remove the user name from the prompt if
you want to.  (As I mentioned ealier you can use ctrl-shift-C to copy
from terminal).

>> Perhaps show output from ls Downloads*
>

> This gives "ls: Cannot access Downloads*:  No such file or directory".

Again please copy/paste the complete command and result.

Also the same for
ls -al

Colin