Ubuntu 11.10 hosting Win8 Consumer Preview

Dave Woyciesjes woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 1 19:27:43 UTC 2012

On 03/01/2012 01:59 PM, compdoc wrote:
> How about guest drivers? Installed those?

	The Guest Additions are installed after the OS, so those won't
(shouldn't?) have any effect on the System - Acceleration optiosn.
	To verify, I checked the other VMs I have setup, and they don't have
the System-Acceleration options available either.

dw at ubuntu64:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor	: 0
vendor_id	: GenuineIntel
cpu family	: 6
model		: 23
model name	: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     E7300  @ 2.66GHz
stepping	: 6
cpu MHz		: 1600.000
cache size	: 3072 KB
physical id	: 0
siblings	: 2
core id		: 0
cpu cores	: 2
apicid		: 0
initial apicid	: 0
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 10
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm
constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl aperfmperf pni dtes64
monitor ds_cpl est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm sse4_1 lahf_lm dts
bogomips	: 5320.41
clflush size	: 64
cache_alignment	: 64
address sizes	: 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

processor	: 1
vendor_id	: GenuineIntel
cpu family	: 6
model		: 23
model name	: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     E7300  @ 2.66GHz
stepping	: 6
cpu MHz		: 1600.000
cache size	: 3072 KB
physical id	: 0
siblings	: 2
core id		: 1
cpu cores	: 2
apicid		: 1
initial apicid	: 1
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 10
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm
constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl aperfmperf pni dtes64
monitor ds_cpl est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm sse4_1 lahf_lm dts
bogomips	: 5319.88

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818