Backtrack IP resets every few minutes

TopBot . topbot5 at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 30 08:23:09 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 2:27 AM, Amedee Van Gasse
<amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be>wrote:

> On 29/06/2012 17:11, TopBot . wrote:
>

>> For now I'm running this code to make atleast the internet browsing
>> experience better but the connection resets have loads of other setbacks
>> which are all irritating:
>>
>> #!/bin/bash
>> while true
>> do
>>  /root/Desktop/IPrest.sh
>>  sleep 60
>> done
>>

> If you're going to run it every 60 seconds then a cron job would be better.
> Drop to a console and type
>
> crontab -e
> (sudo crontab -e if it needs to run as root)
>
> Add the following line:
>
> * * * * * /root/Desktop/IPrest.sh
>

> Also, are you running as root? I hope that you're not running a GUI as
> root?
> I'm asking because of the /root/Desktop/ directory.

Yeah, I'm running as root, but don't think GUI is on root. Backtrack runs
on root as a default. Anyway, the issue with running every 60 seconds is
that it is not the real solution and all the connections are reset.. and in
case the IPs are dropped before or *after* 60 sec, I've to run IPreset.sh
manually again.... have made a quick launch for it by now. No I guess it is
related to the network rather than my system.

--
TopBot.