No audio, fresh 10.04 LTS install

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Jun 26 20:02:59 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 26 June 2012 15:56:38 Ric Moore did opine:

> On 06/26/2012 03:33 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > This card cannot drive analog when spdif is on, but I can't find a
> > tool to turn it on/off.  It is not showing up in alsamixer.
>
> Gene, apt-get install pavucontrol
> then run it. Click on the configuration tab and select your output type
> which would be analog 2.1 ..if you have 2 stereo and a bass kicker out.
> Or, just analog stereo. If you have a USB headset as well, make sure
> it's plugged in during boot. Configure that too. It's slick. Ric

pavucontrol doesn't show a 2.1, nothing less than 4.1 but does have a
config setting for analog stereo, which is what it is set for now.  FWIW I
have tried them all.  What color is the headphone jack?  I can borrow the
phones from a hip pocket cd music player and try those.

Very quiet here though.  The pavumeter sliding display is very well greased
& padded, giving absolute silence for half scale readings.  :)

Thanks Ric.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Lemmings don't grow older, they just die.